Friday, September 30, 2011

Keeping Active

Happy Friday :)

Hope everyone had a great week! I have been have some trouble keeping myself motivated to go to the gym so I decided to sign up for a 5K. The 5K is not until November so I have a few weeks to follow a training program and prepare myself both physically and mentally. I think that this is a great way to keep you going to the gym because I have already pre-registered and also there is a goal at the end of five weeks - to finish the 5K. This is a stepping stone in my ultimate goal of losing weight and becoming healthy. Once I have completed the 5K then I will have a new goal to improve my time for the next event. I would like to participate in 1 5K a month and eventually move up to doing 10K's.
Tomorrow begins my training for the event my task tomorrow is to run 1.5 miles - It sounds like a lot to me right now since I haven't been running that often but I think with a good nights sleep, good breakfast and a few new songs on my I-Pod I will be ready. If anyone is looking to join a 5k this one will be held on November 12 at Tyler State Park in Newtown PA. It is called Race for Resources money that is raised for this event will go to Autism Cares Foundation. Here is the link if you would like more information http://raceforresources.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=475282 or you can google race for resources 2011.

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment