Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 1

Happy Memorial Day! Hope everyone enjoyed the nice warm day with some activity they enjoyed.

Today was really the first day that I was very mindful of each calorie that I put into my body and I feel really good about the decisions I made today. For breakfast I enjoyed a very satisfying Formula 1 Herbalife Shake I added 2 scoops of the dutch chocolate shake mix, 1 cup of frozen strawberries, 2 Tbsp of the Personalized Protein Powder, 8 oz of water, a few ice cubes and blended it all together. This was great because I didn't have to take too much time out of my morning but still was able to start my day off with a healthy breakfast.

For my morning snack I had 1 cup of baby carrots, 1/4 cup of red pepper hummus and a glass of water. I must tell you that I have been an avid soda and ice tea drinker however for the sake of my health and teeth I am really trying to cut out all soda and reduce the amount of tea that I am drinking. Since I am so use to drinking items that have a certain flavor I really find it very boring to drink plain water however Herbalife has a great product called Herbal Aloe Concentrate which supports digestive health and comes in Mango flavor.  All you have to do is add a few capfuls to your water and not only are you helping your digestive system but also making water taste better and I know that will definitely help me consume more water.

For lunch I had another Shake however I was out and about so I wasn't able to use a blender however I keep a packet of the Instant Healthy Meal in my purse so all I need to add was 8 oz of water a few ice cubes (personal preference) shake and enjoy!

For my afternoon snack I had 1/2 a cup of low fat cottage cheese and 1 cup of pineapple and another glass of water. I feel that this a good snack because it is easy to stop in any wawa and grab a cottage cheese or yogurt and pre cut fruit if you didn't plan ahead. I never really thought that the afternoon snack was that important but I find if I don't have one as soon as I come home I am eating everything in site or I overeat at dinner.

For dinner I had 4oz of steak, 1 cup of grilled asparagus, 1 cup of sweet potato and a salad with 2 cups of lettuce. I am a person who always enjoyed the creamy salad dressings but I have found I also enjoy the salad dressings that come as a spray that way I am not overdressing the salad or consuming extra calories. Instead of having desert or a  snack I did have a glass of red wine with dinner. One thing that I do think helps is that if you go out and others are having desert I will skip the wine at dinner and have a glass while the others are having desert that way I don't feel tempted to pick up the fork when someone offers a bite.

I did not make it to the gym today so I really need to make an effort to make it there tomorrow morning. However overall I feel really good and ready to have a healthy happy day tomorrow. I love that I don't feel like I have over indulged :)  I read a really helpful quote today in Shape magazine "Don't trade what you want most for what you want at this moment." I feel that this is a great quote because it can apply to so many different areas of life. I know that this will definitely be written on a sticky and placed on my bathroom mirror. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment